If you’ve never tried peanut sauce, there’s a lot of variety. Some are thicker, some are spicier, and some are a little weird-tasting. The basic ingredients of any peanut sauce are peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and maybe some other stuff. For store-bought, I recommend House of Tsang (but buy it from Walmart and not Amazon). It costs about 4 dollars for a bottle (at least in 2010 it does). For this delicious Thai chicken recipe, here’s an easy version you can make in your blender. You probably have all of these ingredients lying around already.
Blend until smooth:
1/4 c. peanut butter
1/4 c. honey
2 T. soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
8 slices pickled jalapeno
Marinate in the sauce for at least an hour:
1 lb. chicken boneless, skinless chicken breasts
To cook, preheat the oven to 375. Place chicken and sauce in a greased casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes.
Serve the Thai chicken with rice and steamed veggies. We especially like broccoli. I like to cook my rice in the Instant Pot: 3 c. rice, 4 1/2 c. water, 5 minutes at high pressure, and quick release.
Find more delicious Thai recipes here.
Thai Chicken With Spicy Peanut Sauce
- pressure cooker
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 8 slices pickled jalapeno
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups rice
- 4 1/2 cups water
- Blend the sauce ingredients until smooth.1/4 cup peanut butter, 1/4 cup honey, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 clove garlic, 8 slices pickled jalapeno
- Marinate the chicken in the sauce for at least 1 hour.1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat the oven to 375. Put the chicken and sauce in a casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Cook the rice in the pressure cooker at high pressure for 5 minutes with a quick release.3 cups rice, 4 1/2 cups water
- Serve the chicken and sauce over rice.