These chicken fajitas are both quick and easy because of the number of ingredients and the small amount of prep and cook time.
Cut into strips:
1 1/2 lbs. chicken breast
1 lg. onion
2 bell peppers (Different colors look nice.)
Set the veggies aside and season the meat with the dry rub. If you are squeamish, plastic gloves are really nice for working the spices in.
1/2 t. salt
1 1/2 t. chili powder
1/2 t. crushed red pepper
1/4 t. oregano
1/2 t. cumin
1/2 t. garlic powder
Set the meat aside for now and cook the peppers and onions in a hot pan. I use a wok. Stir fry until they are tender and remove them from the pan. Wait until the pan heats up again, and then add the chicken. Sear for 3 minutes on each side and then stir fry until it’s cooked through. Add the veggies back in until they’re heated. Serve on tortillas with salsa, sour cream, and cheese. I especially like Cotija cheese. If you’re looking for a good salsa recipe, this is the one I like best.
Not in the mood for chicken fajitas? Take a look at more heavenly, international dishes here.
Quick and Easy Chicken Fajitas
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast
- 1 onion large
- 2 bell peppers any color
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cotija cheese
- sour cream
- Cut the meat and veggies into strips.1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, 1 onion, 2 bell peppers
- Season the meat with the dry rub and set it aside.1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, 1/4 teaspoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook the peppers and onions in a hot skillet or wok. When they are tender, remove them from the heat.
- When the pan is heated again, add the chicken and sear for 3 minutes on each side. Stir fry until it's cooked through, then add the veggies back in until they're heated.
- Serve on tortillas with any toppings you'd like.tortillas, Cotija cheese, sour cream, salsa