This recipe has been a family favorite ever since one of my little brothers was born, so 20 years? Most recipes get voted off the menu at some point because we get tired of them, but that hasn’t happened yet with this chicken, broccoli, and rice casserole. Bonus: all of my kids like it! It’s really rare for that to happen!
Preheat the oven to 350 and spray a 9 X 13 pan.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, cook using your preferred method:
3 c. rice in chicken broth (How much broth you need will depend on your method.)
1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs (Without the IP, I usually made these on the stove in a hot pan sprinkled with 1/2 t. garlic powder.)
If you do have an Instant Pot, preheat it on Saute until it says “Hot” and cook the chicken pieces with 1/2 t. garlic powder until they are about halfway done. Then, add the 3 c. rice and 4 1/2 c. broth. Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes, then quick release.
Once you have cooked the chicken and rice, mix everything else with them in the pot or a large bowl:
2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
1 c. mayonnaise
1 lb. frozen broccoli florets
Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes, or until the chicken broccoli casserole is heated through and crispy enough for your liking.
Find more delicious casserole recipes here.
Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice Casserole
- pressure cooker
- 9×13 pan
- 3 cups rice
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth I use the powder + water.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound frozen broccoli florets
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 9×13 pan.
- Heat the pressure cooker on saute and cook the chicken and garlic powder until it's about halfway done.1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Add the rice and chicken broth to the pressure cooker. Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes with a quick release.3 cups rice, 4 1/2 cups chicken broth
- Mix the remaining ingredients with the chicken and rice.2 cups Cheddar cheese, 1 cup mayonnaise, 1 pound frozen broccoli florets
- Put the casserole in the pan and bake it at 350 for 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on how crispy you want the top to get.