If you’ve ever said that something tastes “too chocolaty”, then this is not the recipe for you. However, it is the perfect recipe for me! 🙂 This recipe comes from my mom. She was making dark chocolate fudgy brownies before it was cool. 😉
Preheat the oven to 350 and spray a 9 X 13 baking dish.
Melt in the microwave and add to a mixing bowl:
10 T. butter
Mix into the butter until well-combined:
2 c. sugar
1 c. cocoa
Add in one at a time, beating on low:
Add and continue to mix on low until combined:
1/2 t. salt
1 t. vanilla
1 c. flour
1/2 c. chocolate chips
Pour the batter into the prepared dish and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Wait until the brownies cool to enjoy them. They will be really gooey when warm, but they firm up nicely once they’ve cooled.
Other fun add-ins include chopped nuts and leftover Halloween candy (chocolate, of course.) I’ll even allow milk chocolate since it’s a nice contrast to the dark chocolate fudgy brownies. These don’t need frosting since they already have such a rich flavor and texture.
Find more brownie and cookie recipes here.
Dark Chocolate Fudgy Brownies
- 9×13 pan
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cocoa
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 9×13 pan.
- Melt the butter and add it to the mixing bowl.10 tablespoons butter
- Mix the sugar and cocoa into the butter until well-combined.2 cups sugar, 1 cup cocoa
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating on low. Scrape the bowl as needed.4 eggs
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix on low until just combined.1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Pour/scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. For best results, wait until the brownies have cooled before cutting and enjoying them.