Nothing says breakfast (or dinner) quite like a bacon quiche. I recommend pairing it with a light salad or vegetable to give balance to the meal.
Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a pie pan.
Mix together with a fork:
1 c. flour
1/2 t. salt
1/3 c. oil
1/6 c. water
Roll the crust out between waxed paper or a grocery bag if you’re like me. 😉 Press it into a pie pan.
Blind bake the crust at 350 for 20 minutes.
First cut into small pieces, cook, and drain:
8 oz. bacon
(Or, use ham or another meat.)
Mix the drained bacon/other meat with everything else, then pour it into the pie crust:
1/2 c. mayo
2 T. flour
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 c. milk
6-8 oz. cheese, Swiss or cheddar (about 1 1/2 – 2 c.) I like a mix.
1/8 t. nutmeg
1/3 c. onion
1/2 bell pepper, diced
1/2 c. mushrooms, sliced (optional)
Sprinkle parsley on top of the bacon quiche. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.
Find more breakfast recipes here.
*Meatless option: Omit the meat called for and add one more egg to make up for volume. Or, add additional veggies (spinach, peppers, etc.)
Swiss and Bacon Veggie Quiche
- pie pan
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/6 cup water
- 8 ounces bacon 1/2 package
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk whole
- 3 ounces Cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 ounces Swiss cheese shredded
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup onion diced
- 1/2 bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a pie pan.
- Mix the crust ingredients together with a fork. Roll the crust out and press it into the pie pan.1 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/3 cup oil, 1/6 cup water
- Blind bake the crust at 350 for 20 minutes. Fill it with pie weights or dried beans if you're worried about shrinkage.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces and cook it till it's crisp. Drain off the grease.8 ounces bacon
- Mix the remaining ingredients with the bacon and pour the filling into the pie crust.1/2 cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons flour, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup milk, 3 ounces Cheddar cheese, 3 ounces Swiss cheese, 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/3 cup onion, 1/2 bell pepper, 1/2 cup mushrooms
- Sprinkle parsley over the top of the quiche and bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.parsley