I am normally a die-hard chocolate fan, but once in a while, I need something different. This apple cinnamon cake is easy to mix up and even easier to eat.
Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 9 X 13 pan.
Mix all the wet ingredients together first:
1 3/4 c. sugar
1 c. oil
1 t. vanilla
2 c. diced apples, no need to peel first
Add everything else and stir until just combined:
1 t. baking powder
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. salt
2 c. flour
Pour into the prepared 9 X 13 pan. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Apple cinnamon cake is delicious on its own, but it is even more delectable with some caramel drizzled over the top!
Find more recipes for cakes and pies here.
What comes to mind when you hear “flavors of fall?” For me, it’s apples, pumpkin, cinnamon, caramel, and maple. If I could only pick two words, I’d say warm and spicy. I only like pumpkin spice with actual pumpkin or in apple recipes but not really anywhere else. When a certain flavor takes over everything, I tend to resent it and not want to eat it (like past fads for bacon, pumpkin spice, and red velvet). I’ll make an exception for chocolate, though. 🙂
Apple Cinnamon Cake Perfect for Fall
- 9×13 pan
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups apples diced, no need to peel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 9×13 pan.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together first.1 3/4 cups sugar, 3 eggs, 1 cup oil, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 2 cups apples
- Add the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 cups flour
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.