I’ve always loved chocolate and peanut butter, and these no bake cookies are no exception. They’re really sweet but technically whole-grain, so maybe that makes them healthy. Maybe. They come together really quickly, too, which is always an advantage in my book.
Bring to a boil for 1 minute, making sure to melt the butter before adding the other ingredients:
4 T. butter (1/2 stick)
1 c. sugar
2 T. cocoa
1/4 c. milk
Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients in this order:
1 c. oatmeal
1/2 c. peanut butter
1 t. vanilla
Drop by heaping tablespoons (I use a cookie scoop) onto a sheet of waxed paper and let the cookies cool and harden. No bake cookies always accompany a glass of milk in this house unless you’re me. I just eat them plain!
Find more recipes for brownies and cookies here.
A roommate once made a similar recipe but without peanut butter. I felt like I’d been tricked because they just weren’t as good! I also had a pumpkin spice version once. Needless to say, I wasn’t a huge fan. In my mind, there will never be a better combination than chocolate and peanut butter.
Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- 1/4 cup butter 1/2 stick
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup oats rolled or quick
- 1/2 cup peanut butter creamy or crunchy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Lay out a sheet of waxed paper, parchment, or foil.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter. Add the sugar, cocoa, and milk and bring to a boil for 1 minute. Remove the pot from the heat.1/4 cup butter, 1 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, 1/4 cup milk
- Stir in the oats, peanut butter, and vanilla. Use a tablespoon or cookie scoop to drop the cookies onto the prepared landing place. Let the cookies cool and harden before enjoying.1 cup oats, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla