I don’t usually branch out and try new cookie recipes. I don’t think anything really compares with good ole chocolate chip or peanut butter cookies. However, I checked out a cook book from the library that claimed to have the BEST blondies recipe. The best ones I’ve had were ones my mom used to make when I was little, and this recipe recreated the taste perfectly! These taste like caramel candy meets cookie. I won’t tell you how fast we ate them.
Preheat the oven to 350 and spray a 9 X 13 pan.
1 1/2 c. light brown sugar
12 T. butter, melted and cooled slightly
Slowly add all dry ingredients and beat until just mixed (low speed):
1 1/2 c. flour
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
Pour into the greased 9 X 13 pan and bake for 32-35 minutes on 350. The blondies will look a gooey in the middle but not liquidy.
You can add lots of things into the bars. Try chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or chopped candy bars. When you add chocolate chips, they taste a lot like chocolate chip cookies, but chewier.
Find more recipes for brownies and cookies here.
Chewy, 6-Ingredient Blondies
- 9×13 pan
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 12 tablespoons butter melted and cooled, 1 1/2 sticks
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 9×13 pan.
- Beat the butter, sugar, and eggs together.1 1/2 cups brown sugar, 12 tablespoons butter, 2 eggs
- Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 1/2 cups flour
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake at 350 for 32-35 minutes. The blondies will look a little gooey in the middle but not liquidy.