I make vegetable fried rice for lunch every time I have leftover rice. It’s so good that I even make extra rice on purpose! 🙂 Make sure to use a good nonstick pan and rice that is a little more dry.
I used to have problems with freshly cooked rice because it was too soggy, but those problems are gone now that I cook rice in the Instant Pot. I use 3 c. rice and 4 1/2 c. water and cook it on high pressure for 5 minutes, quick release. Leftover rice is great too. If it clumps together, use a potato masher to smash it apart right in the pan as you stir fry it, no need to reheat it first.
Heat in a wok:
2 T. oil
Stir for a few minutes until starting to brown slightly:
1/2 med. onion, chopped
Add and stir until cooked through:
1/2 lb. assorted chopped veggies, such as peas and carrots
Push the veggies to the side and scramble
Add to the wok and stir until heated through:
4 c. cooked rice
2-4 T. soy sauce
Vegetable fried rice is an excellent side to any Chinese dish! Find more yummy Chinese recipes here.
Simple Vegetable Fried Rice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 pound mixed vegetables
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2-4 tablespoons soy sauce
- Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet.2 tablespoons oil
- Stir fry the onion for a few minutes until it starts to brown slightly. Add the vegetables and stir until cooked through.1/2 cup onion, 1/2 pound mixed vegetables
- Push the veggies to the side and scramble the eggs.2 eggs
- Add the rice and soy sauce to the wok and stir until heated through.4 cups cooked rice, 2-4 tablespoons soy sauce
- Serve as a main dish or side.