I thought I’d about exhausted the internet’s supply of black bean recipes, but I was wrong. (Can you tell that they’re my favorite?) Sweet potato and black bean burritos (or bowls) make a quick, delicious lunch or dinner.
If you don’t have cooked black beans, you can start with dried beans and use the Instant Pot. Put 1 lb. beans with 8 c. of water, cook at high pressure for 25 minutes, then quick release. Divide the beans into 1 1/2 c. baggies to freeze for later.
Sweet Potato Filling
Preheat the oven to 425 unless you’re using the air fryer.
Toss all of the following together in a bowl and place on a cookie sheet. Roast at 425 for 30-35 minutes. Or, use the air fryer and roast for 15-18 minutes at 400 (no preheat needed):
2 sweet potatoes, cubed
2 bell peppers, chopped
1 T. oil
1 onion, chopped
2 jalapenos, minced and seeded
1 t. cumin
1 t. chili powder
salt to taste
Once the veggies are done roasting, mix together in a bowl with all of the following:
2 t. lime juice
1 can black beans, drained (or 1 1/2 c.)
1/2 c. cilantro, chopped
Scoop the sweet potato and black beans into bowls or on tortillas with with any of the following:
Not in the mood for sweet potato and black bean bowls? Find more Mexican-inspired recipes here.
Sweet Potato and Black Bean Burrito Bowls
- air fryer
- 1 can black beans 1 1/2 cups
- 2 sweet potatoes cubed
- 2 bell peppers chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 jalapenos seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- cheese shredded
- sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 425 or use the air fryer.
- Toss the sweet potatoes, veggies, and spices together. Roast at 425 for 30-35 minutes or air fry for 15-18 minutes at 400 (no preheat needed).2 sweet potatoes, 2 bell peppers, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 onion, 2 jalapenos, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon chili powder, salt
- Warm the beans. Mixed the roasted veggies in a bowl with the beans, lime juice, and cilantro.1 can black beans, 2 teaspoons lime juice, 1/2 cup cilantro
- Make bowls or burritos and serve with your favorite toppings.cheese, sour cream, avocado, salsa