There are lots of these recipes floating around the Internet. I have always loved Wendy’s chili, and this copycat comes pretty close!
You’ll need a can each of pinto beans and kidney beans. Sometimes I use only one kind of bean if I’m starting from dry beans. To cook the dry beans in the Instant Pot (which will make about 4 cans of beans, so freeze the leftovers), put 1 lb. of beans in the pot and add 8 c. of water. Cook at high pressure for 20-25 minutes (pinto beans) and 30 minutes (kidney beans).
Brown in a pot:
1 lb. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
Drain off any grease. Add to the pot:
1 can (1 1/2 c.) pinto beans
1 can (1 1/2 c.) kidney beans
5 c. tomato sauce
2 c. water
a diced bell pepper
1 T. chili powder
1 t. cumin
6 cloves minced garlic or 1 1/2 t. garlic powder
1 t. salt
pepper to taste, starting with 1/2 t.
1/2 t. oregano
pinch of sugar
Stir well and let it simmer for 1 hour. You can also use the slow cooker if you’re not in a hurry and let it simmer on high for 3 hours or low for 6.
Serve the copycat Wendy’s chili with crackers, cheese, sour cream, or cornbread.
Find more heavenly, international dishes here.
Copycat Wendy’s Meaty Chili
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 can pinto beans drained, 1 1/2 cups
- 1 can kidney beans drained, 1 1/2 cups
- 5 cups tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 6 cloves garlic minced, or 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 pinch sugar
- In a pot, brown the ground beef and onion. Drain off the grease.1 pound ground beef, 1 onion
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot. Stir well and simmer for 1 hour.1 can pinto beans, 1 can kidney beans, 5 cups tomato sauce, 2 cups water, 1 bell pepper, 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon cumin, 6 cloves garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, 1 pinch sugar
- Serve the chili with crackers, cheese, sour cream, and/or cornbread.