Chicken pot pie noodles are quick version of chicken pot pie. You still get to eat vegetables and creamy sauce but without having to use the oven. The Instant Pot makes this recipe ridiculously easy.
I adapted this recipe from one I found online.
Heat the Instant Pot on “Saute” until it’s hot. Cook until the outsides are done:
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
Thighs are a better choice here because they don’t get tough when cooked under pressure. Chicken breast tends to get overcooked easily.
Add the following ingredients to the pot:
1 lb. egg noodles
1 lb. frozen mixed veggies (Chopped, fresh veggies would work too. The frozen bag is a blend of carrots, green beans, corn, and peas.)
4 c. chicken broth
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. onion powder
salt to taste (I use a t.)
1/2 – 1 t. pepper
Cook at high pressure for 4 minutes with a quick release. Press the “Saute” button again and stir in until thickened:
1 c. heavy cream
The starch from the pasta will help thicken the sauce nicely. Serve chicken pot pie noodles alone or with your favorite side. I love hot sauce on them!
Find more yummy Instant Pot recipes here.
Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Noodles
- pressure cooker
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs bite-sized pieces
- 1 pound egg noodles
- 1 pound frozen mixed veggies
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Heat the pressure cooker on "Saute" and cook the chicken pieces until the outsides are done.1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Add the noodles, veggies, and spices to the pot. Cook at high pressure for 4 minutes with a quick release.1 pound egg noodles, 1 pound frozen mixed veggies, 4 cups chicken broth, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper
- Press the "Saute" button again, add the cream, and stir until the sauce thickens.1 cup heavy cream