This recipe is adapted from a Six Sisters’ Stuff recipe. Cream cheese chicken pasta tastes a lot like a lighter alfredo, not quite as rich, but still creamy enough to be tasty!
Cook according to package directions:
1 lb. pasta (Any shape will work. I like bowties and use those for lots of things.)
Put in the Instant Pot:
1 lb. chicken breast, cut into halves (Thighs would also be delicious here. The meat is going to get shredded in the end, so it still works to use white meat.)
8 oz. cream cheese
2 T. Italian seasoning
1 ½ c. chicken broth (I use water and the powdered stuff. Though I love to make my own broth, I never have any in storage to use for a recipe like this.)
Cook at high pressure for 15 minutes, then quick release. Remove and shred the meat.
3 T. cornstarch
1/4 c. water
Add the cornstarch + water to the sauce in the pot and stir until the sauce thickens. Add the shredded meat to the sauce and serve it over the pasta.
Cream cheese chicken pasta is especially good when served with a steamed vegetable like broccoli or squash.
Find more Instant Pot recipes here.
Instant Pot Cream Cheese Chicken Pasta
- pressure cooker
- 1 pound pasta
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into halves
- 8 ounces cream cheese 1 package
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.1 pound pasta
- Add the chicken, cream cheese, broth, and spices to the pressure cooker. Cook for 15 minutes with a quick release. Remove and shred the meat.1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, 8 ounces cream cheese, 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning, 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- Whisk the cornstarch and water together, then add to the sauce. Stir until it thickens. Add the shredded meat back to the sauce and serve it over the pasta with your favorite sides.3 tablespoons cornstarch, 1/4 cup water