I love recipes that are cooked entirely in the Instant Pot. I adapted this from a recipe I found online and made it even easier than it already was. This Italian penne combines both tomatoes and cheese for a creamy pasta that is also delectable.
Add all of the following to the Instant Pot:
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces (The original recipe called for chicken breast, but I find that it gets overcooked. Thighs still taste great after being pressure-cooked.)
1 lb. penne or rigatoni (Other pastas could work too, but you’d have to adjust the cooking time. It will take half of the maximum time written on the box.)
3 c. tomato sauce (Spaghetti sauce or even diced tomatoes would work too. If they’re already spiced, decrease the Italian seasoning to 1 T. instead of 2.)
3 c. chicken broth (I use 3 c. of water and the powder.)
2 T. Italian seasoning
Cook on high pressure for 7 minutes and natural release for 5. Stir into the hot pasta until melted:
4 oz. cream cheese
1 c. Parmesan cheese
Serve the Italian penne with steamed veggies or salad.
Find more Italian recipes here.
Instant Pot Italian Penne With Chicken
- pressure cooker
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs bite-sized pieces
- 1 pound penne or rigatoni
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 4 ounces cream cheese 1/2 package
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Add the chicken, pasta, sauce, broth, and seasoning to the pressure cooker. Cook on high pressure for 7 minutes with a natural release for 5.1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, 1 pound penne or rigatoni, 3 cups tomato sauce, 3 cups chicken broth, 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- Stir the cheeses into the hot pasta until melted. Serve with your favorite sides.4 ounces cream cheese, 1 cup Parmesan cheese