This is the pot roast known as Mississippi pot roast, but I never knew what that meant based on its name only. That’s why I gave it a more descriptive name. I have changed the recipe a bit based on personal taste, but that’s just what happens with every recipe that crosses my path. Ranch pepperoncini pot roast is not only easy, but delicious.
Heat the Instant Pot on saute until it says “Hot”. Sear for 8 minutes on each side:
2 lbs. chuck roast
When the meat is done searing, remove it from the pot and set it on a plate. Slice the roast into 2″ thick slices.
Add to the pot:
3/4 c. chicken broth
1 t. each garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, and chives
1/4 c. sliced pepperoncinis and their juice
Stir to scrape up any stuck bits from the meat (deglazing). Add the meat slices to the pot, then cook at high pressure for 45 minutes with a natural release.
Remove the meat and shred it. Thicken the sauce by stirring in the following mixture:
2 T. cornstarch + 2 T. water
Add the shredded meat to the sauce and season to taste with salt and pepper. Mashed potatoes make an especially great side to ranch pepperoncini pot roast!
Instant Pot Ranch Pepperoncini Pot Roast
- pressure cooker
- 2 pounds chuck roast
- 3/4 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley dried
- 1 teaspoon chives dried
- 1/4 cup pepperoncinis and juice sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Use the pressure cooker on "Saute" to sear the roast for 8 minutes on each side. Remove the meat and slice it into 2" thick slices.2 pounds chuck roast
- Add the broth and spices to the pot. Stir to scrape up anything stuck to the bottom. Add the meat and peppers. Cook at high pressure for 45 minutes with a a natural release.3/4 cup chicken or beef broth, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon parsley, 1 teaspoon chives, 1/4 cup pepperoncinis and juice
- Stir the cornstarch and water together in a small bowl. Shred the meat and add the slurry, stirring until the sauce thickens.2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with your favorite sides. Mashed potatoes are especially good for catching all that gravy!