I adapted this recipe from a French’s French fried onion bag, and I’ve never gone back. Though the ingredients are few, there is a lot of flavor in these crunchy onion cheeseburgers.
Preheat a grill or Foreman grill.
Mix everything together and shape into 4 burgers:
1 lb. ground beef (I use 80/20)
1 c. French fried onions
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 t. garlic powder
Cook the burgers until they are no longer pink in the middle. On the Foreman grill, they take about 5 minutes. I really love them on a regular grill too, but sometimes it’s freezing outside and I don’t want to go to the trouble. Winter is too long sometimes!
Top the burgers:
4 slices American cheese (If you really want, it doesn’t have to be American. I think American is the best on burgers because it gets melty and not stringy.)
Once the cheese is melted, serve the burgers with your favorite toppings. To melt the cheese with the Foreman grill, I hold the lid almost closed so the heat can melt the cheese without getting it stuck all over the lid.
Crunchy onion cheeseburgers pair very well with air fryer fries.
Find more heavenly, international dishes here.
Crunchy Onion Cheeseburgers
- grill or Foreman grill
- 1 pound ground beef 80/20
- 1 cup French fried onions
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 slices American cheese
- Preheat a grill or Foreman grill.
- Mix all the ingredients together and shape into 4 burgers.1 pound ground beef, 1 cup French fried onions, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook the burgers until they are no longer pink in the middle. On the Foreman grill, they only take about 5 minutes. Top with cheese and remove from the grill when the cheese is melted.4 slices American cheese
- Serve the burgers with your favorite toppings and sides.