The air fryer does a lot of things well, and these roasted chicken quarters are no exception! They come out so crispy, and there is no need to preheat the air fryer first.
I love buying chicken quarters because they are the cheapest form of chicken. Even in 2023, they are about $.75 a pound when boneless chicken costs $3 a pound and whole chickens about $1.50 a pound. For that price, they can’t be beat! Most of my family enjoys eating “chicken on the bone,” and as a bonus, I can use the bones to make chicken broth later.
Divide into legs and thighs at the joint:
2 chicken leg quarters (resulting in 4 pieces of chicken total)
Mix the spices together and rub well into the chicken pieces:
1 t. salt
1 t. garlic powder
1/4 – 1/2 t. paprika (Smoked is especially good here.)
1/2 t. dry mustard
1/2 t. onion powder
Arrange the chicken pieces in one layer in the air fryer. Cook at 400 for 35-40 minutes. Serve air fryer chicken quarters with barbecue sauce or another favorite sauce for dipping! We served these with rice and succotash. Potatoes or pasta would also be delicious on the side.
Air Fryer Roasted Chicken Quarters
- air fryer
- 2 chicken leg quarters
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Divide the chicken into legs and thighs by cutting at the joint.2 chicken leg quarters
- Mix the spices together and rub into the chicken pieces.1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4-1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Arrange the chicken pieces in one layer in the air fryer. Cook at 400 for 35-40 minutes. Serve with BBQ sauce or another favorite dipping sauce, plus your favorite sides.