I’m no expert in Greek food, but this Greek chicken salad might be the best Greek-inspired thing I’ve ever eaten. It would also be excellent with turkey, which is why I’m posting it right before Thanksgiving. You’re welcome.
I am not one to use Greek yogurt excessively because I don’t think it makes a good substitute for most things it commonly gets substituted for. However, the flavor is perfect for this recipe that I adapted from Alton Brown.
Start by cooking with whatever method you want:
1 lb. chicken breast
My new favorite way to cook chicken is sous vide! Cook it for 1 hour at 150 degrees.
You can grill it, chop it and saute it, or use the Instant Pot. I put the whole chicken breasts on the trivet with 1 c. of water and cooked them at high pressure for 8 minutes with a natural release. I chopped them up afterward so they wouldn’t dry out in the process.
If you have meat that’s already cooked, use 12 oz.
Stir the cooked chicken or turkey with all of the following:
small container Greek yogurt
1 T. lemon juice
1 1/2 t. dried parsley
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1 small cucumber (or 1/2 of an English cucumber), peeled and chopped
1/4 c. diced red onion
1/2 c. crumbled Feta cheese
1/4 c. sliced Kalamata olives
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before using. Serve Greek chicken salad on pitas or bread.
Greek Chicken Salad (Or Turkey!)
- pressure cooker optional
- sous vide stick optional
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast or 12 ounces cooked, leftover chicken or turkey
- 5.3 ounces Greek yogurt small container
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cucumber small, peeled and chopped, or 1/2 of an English cucumber
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives sliced
- 4 pitas
- Cook the chicken with your favorite method and chop it up. Pressure cooker: 8 minutes with a natural release. Sous vide: 1 hour at 150 degrees.1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Mix the cooked meat with the remaining ingredients.5.3 ounces Greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1 cucumber, 1/4 cup red onion, 1/2 cup Feta cheese, 1/4 cup Kalamata olives
- Refrigerate the salad for 1 hour before serving on pitas or bread.4 pitas