I came up with this recipe when I was eating a pasta dish with chicken and wishing that it had some bacon. A little bit of bacon goes a long way in adding delicious flavor. To make chicken bacon ranch pasta even simpler, I used precooked bacon bits (real ones, which are actually not too expensive and don’t get my kitchen greasy!) My whole family loves this recipe.
To use regular bacon, chop, cook, and drain 1/2 package of your favorite bacon.
Heat the Insant Pot and saute until partially cooked:
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs, chopped into bite-sized pieces (I use thighs whenever I can because they stay tender.)
Add to the pot:
1 lb. pasta, your choice
1/2 c. real bacon bits
4 c. chicken broth
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. onion powder
1/2 t. salt
1 t. parsley
1/2 t. pepper
Cook at high pressure for half of the maximum time listed on the pasta box. This will usually be 4-6 minutes, depending on the type of pasta. Quick release and stir in until creamy:
8 oz. cream cheese
*Tip: The cream cheese will mix in much better if warm, so I set the foil packet on top of the Instant Pot while it’s cooking. It’s perfectly soft once the pasta is done and stirs in without clumps.
Serve chicken bacon ranch pasta with your favorite veggie.
Instant Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- pressure cooker
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, bite-sized pieces
- 1 pound pasta any kind
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits or 1/2 package cooked, crumbled bacon
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley dried
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese 1 package
- Cut into small pieces and cook 1/2 package of bacon until crispy, draining afterward. Or, use real bacon bits.1/2 cup real bacon bits
- Heat the pressure cooker on "Saute" mode and and cook the chicken until it's partially done.1 pound boneless, skinless chicken
- Add the bacon pieces/bits, pasta, spices, and broth to the pot. Cook at high pressure for half of the maximum time listed on the pasta box, 4-6 minutes. Leave the cream cheese on the lid so it can soften. Quick release.1 pound pasta, 4 cups chicken broth, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon parsley, 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Stir in the cream cheese. Serve with your favorite sides or veggies.8 ounces cream cheese