One of my favorite things is to figure out how to make a delicious (but normally too expensive) food at home. Prime candidates for such “reverse engineering” usually include restaurant foods or gourmet foods from the grocery store. This Parmesan peppercorn dip is the latter, based on one by the same name made by Private Selection (Kroger). Since I bought it recently, I read the ingredients on the back and went from there to create this recipe.
Mix everything together in a bowl:
1 c. sour cream
1 c. shredded Parmesan cheese (not grated) The shredded cheese gives this dip its characteristic texture. Fresh would be even better, but I don’t usually have that on hand.
1/2 c. mayo
1/4 t. garlic powder
1/2 – 3/4 t. freshly ground black pepper (The original has bigger pieces of peppercorn, but I prefer for it to be ground.)
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. onion powder
Serve with chips, crackers, or pretzels. It’s also great as a spread for wraps or a topping on potatoes. I’ve seen similar recipes that suggest thinning it to make a salad dressing, too. Whatever you use it for, Parmesan peppercorn dip is delicious, the perfect combination of creamy and tangy.
Find my other dips and spreads here.
Parmesan Peppercorn Dip (Copycat Recipe)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Parmesan shredded, not grated
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl. For best results, let the dip chill for an hour before serving so the flavors can blend together.1 cup sour cream, 1 cup Parmesan, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2-3/4 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Serve with chips, crackers, or pretzels.