Thank you, Papa Murphy’s, for the wonderful idea for such a delicious pizza. Chicken bacon artichoke pizza is my favorite to buy from them. Since we’re staying home as much as possible and have tons of pizza ingredients, I decided to make my own this time.
Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees.
The Marinated Artichokes
Drain 1 can of artichoke hearts. Put the artichokes into a plastic bag and marinate for at least 1 hour with the following:
1/2 c. white wine vinegar
1 t. Italian seasoning
When the time is up, drain the artichokes and chop them into bite-sized pieces, if needed.
Cook any way you like:
3/4 lb. chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces. I usually sprinkle it with garlic powder and cook it in a hot skillet, stirring until it’s cooked through.
6 oz. bacon (1/2 package), crumbled. I used precooked bacon bits this time, about 1/2 c. It’s so much easier and less messy!
Add to a mixing bowl:
1 t. yeast
1 t. sugar
3/4 c. water
1/2 t. salt
Stir until combined, then add
1 1/2 c. flour
Mix until the dough comes together and is stretchy, not sticky. Add a little more water or flour if needed to get the right texture. Set the dough aside for now. It is much easier to shape when it’s had at least 10 minutes to rest. You can also make it ahead and let it chill in the fridge for up to 2 days.
While the dough is resting, make the Alfredo sauce by heating and whisking until smooth:
2 oz. cream cheese
2 T. Parmesan cheese
1 T. butter
1/4 c. milk
Assembling the Pizza
Stretch out the crust to cover a large pizza pan. Top:
the Alfredo sauce
2 c. shredded Mozzarella
marinated artichoke hearts
a handful of fresh spinach (optional)
a sprinkle of Italian seasoning
Bake the pizza at 400 for 20 minutes.
Enjoy chicken bacon artichoke pizza with your favorite veggie!
Chicken Bacon Artichoke Pizza
- 16" pizza pan or 2 12" pans
The Marinated Artichokes
- 1 can artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 ounces bacon 1/2 package
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
The Sauce and Cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup milk whole
- 2 cups Mozzarella shredded
- Italian seasoning
- Drain the artichokes and marinate them in the vinegar and Italian seasoning for 1 hour. Drain and chop into bite-sized pieces.1 can artichoke hearts, 1/2 cup white wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400 and grease a large pizza pan.
- Cook the chicken breast and garlic in a hot skillet. Chop, cook till crisp, and drain the bacon.3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 6 ounces bacon
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the yeast, sugar, water, and salt. Add the flour and mix until the dough pulls away from the side of the bowl. Let it rest for 10 minutes.1 teaspoon yeast, 1 teaspoon sugar, 3/4 cup water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 1/2 cups flour
- In a saucepan, heat and whisk the Alfredo ingredients until smooth.2 ounces cream cheese, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon butter, 1/4 cup milk
- Stretch the dough to cover the pizza pan. It will be very thin. Top with the Alfredo sauce, Mozzarella, bacon, chicken, artichokes, and a sprinkle of Italian seasoning. A handful of spinach is nice, but optional.2 cups Mozzarella, Italian seasoning, spinach
- Bake the pizza at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.