I found this recipe during the peak of strawberry season. Though I don’t normally like chunks of cooked strawberries, these strawberries and cream muffins exceeded my expectations. The kids loved them too, so I’ll definitely make them every year when strawberries are in season.
Preheat the oven to 350 and prepare a muffin pan with liners or spray.
In a medium bowl, mix together thoroughly:
1/2 c. oil
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. sour cream
1 t. vanilla
3/4 c. chopped strawberries
In another bowl, mix together the dry ingredients:
1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/4 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. salt
3/4 c. chopped walnuts
1 3/4 c. flour
Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and stir in the wet ingredients until just combined. Fill muffin cups 2/3 of the way full (unless you love muffin tops).
Bake the muffins at 350 for about 20 minutes.
Enjoy warm strawberries and cream muffins with a little butter or just by themselves. To reheat cold muffins, put them in the microwave for about 15 seconds.
Find more muffins and quick breads here.
Random note: You know how everyone hates those long recipes where you have to skip the life story to get to the actual recipe? It’s because at least 300 words are recommended for SEO. Even with this note, the recipe is still under 300 words, but I don’t have anything else to say.
Strawberries and Cream Muffins
- muffin tin
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup strawberries fresh, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line or spray a muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, mix the wet ingredients together.1/2 cup oil, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 3/4 cup strawberries
- In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients together. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and stir in the wet ingredients until just combined. Fill muffin cups 2/3 of the way full (unless you love muffin tops).1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 3/4 cup walnuts, 1 3/4 cups flour
- Bake the muffins at 350 for about 20 minutes.