I came up with this Cajun shrimp boil skillet on a whim one day. A true shrimp boil would involve boiling, of course, but I’d prefer to have crispy potatoes. I cooked the potatoes similarly to how I’d made them for breakfast burritos, and my family loved the result. This meal is now part of our menu.
Bake, peel, and chop the potatoes into bite-sized pieces:
6 medium potatoes (Russets work best here, but any will do.)
Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat with oil, the potatoes, and seasoning.
2 T. oil
the chopped potatoes
2 t. seasoned salt
Stir to coat the potatoes, then let them cook for 8-10 minutes without stirring. Flip them over and let them cook for another 5 minutes.
Put the potatoes aside, then add the sausage and let it brown for a few minutes:
8 ounces kielbasa or smoked sausage, chopped
Lower the heat to medium, then add the following:
1 T. butter
1/4 t. Cajun seasoning (or more to taste)
1 lb. large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and thawed
Stir the shrimp in the butter and seasoning until it turns pink.
Add and stir everything until it’s heated through:
1 can corn, drained
Serve Cajun shrimp boil skillet topped with ranch or ketchup.
Cajun Shrimp Boil Skillet
- 6 potatoes Russet, medium
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 8 ounces kielbasa or smoked sausage chopped
- 1 pound large shrimp raw, peeled, deveined
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 can corn drained, 14 ounces
- Bake, peel, and chop the potatoes.6 potatoes
- Heat a large cast iron pan with the oil on medium-high. Add the potatoes and seasoning, then stir to coat.2 tablespoons oil, 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- Let the potatoes cook for 8-10 minutes without stirring, flip them over, then let them cook for another 5.
- Push the potatoes to the side and add the sausage. Stir until it browns. Decrease the heat to medium.8 ounces kielbasa or smoked sausage
- Push the sausage aside and add the shrimp, butter, and Cajun seasoning. Stir until it turns pink.1 pound large shrimp, 1 tablespoon butter, 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- Add the corn and stir everything together until heated through. Serve with ranch or ketchup.1 can corn